Creating SOAP Notes From Transcriptions With AI
A SOAP note is an invaluable tool for documenting and communicating patient information. While these notes used to be time-consuming to write, Atlas.md’s integration with AI means you can create SOAP notes of transcripts at the click of a button.
Here’s how to do it:
- Start by uploading an audio file; the audio will get transcribed automatically
- Once the transcription has been added to the patient’s chart, hover over it and click the AI button
- On the pop-up modal, select SOAP Note from the AI Action dropdown menu
- Then, click Process with AI
- Here, Atlas.md will present the SOAP note based on the information in the transcription so you can edit it and tweak it as needed. Once you’re happy with it, click the Add Note to create a top-level chart note, or Add to Thread to keep the contents in the original audio file’s thread
And just like magic – you’ve got a SOAP note! You can find the SOAP note in the same thread as the audio file and transcription on your patient’s chart.
For more cool things that you can do with AI, check out our article on summarizing transcripts with AI.