The DrFirst Rcopia integration with Atlas.md allows you to e-prescribe via their 3rd party platform. Rcopia is a standalone product, but it integrates with Atlas.md so that your prescription information is transferred automatically to your patient charts. There are associated fees for the use of the Rcopia platform, which you can review below.
Pricing and Billing
- $475 per doctor for the first year, including set-up fee
- $400 per doctor every following year
- $525 one-time setup fee for PDMP enrollment, plus an annual usage fee of $60 per doctor (these costs are optional depending on whether or not you choose to enroll with a PDMP vendor)
- Free for nurses, staff, and supporting team
- Payments are processed annually
- Annual payments will be included in your regular subscription invoices and you’ll be able to review them from the Account > Clinic Billing page
Register for DrFirst
- Click on Account > Settings
- Scroll down to 3rd Party Integrations
- In the DrFirst Rcopia line, click the Subscribe button
- From there, follow the onscreen instructions. Note that the registration process asks for some new info you haven’t provided to Atlas.md before, so be prepared to take a few minutes to complete the process
- Once you finish the form and submit it to us, our support team will start the enrollment process for you. We’ll contact you a few times to complete the setup.
Submit e-prescriptions from a patient’s chart.
- Click the add button (+) in the right-hand corner of your screen
- Click on the eRx icon
- If it’s the first time you’re setting up an e-prescription for a new patient, review the patient’s information before you move forward
- If patients have information that is incompatible with Rcopia (like a non-medical allergy, for example), you’ll receive a notice about it during the patient review step
- Some information will not be synced if your patient’s information is not connected to specific drugs or NDC numbers and you will have the option to fix these details in Atlas.md before proceed with syncing
- After reviewing, log in to Rcopia by clicking on the Login button at the bottom of the page
- Fill in the prescription details in Rcopia
- When you’re done, click on your name in the top right corner of the screen and then on the Return to EMR button to get back to Atlas.md
Enrollment into a PDMP
To access a Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP), users will have to enroll with their state program as well as register with DrFirst. Enrollment times for state programs vary due to differing state and vendor regulations. Learn more about PDMPs here.
Receive Notifications from Pharmacy or Rcopia
Any time a pharmacy or Rcopia has a notification for you, you’ll get a warning in the Prescriptions tab of your Atlas.md account. From there, you can click on eRx Notifications to review what these notifications are. From that page, you can click on View Notifications to log in to Rcopia and take the necessary actions.
Rcopia has 3 types of passwords that are used at different stages of the prescription process. Click here to learn more.
Rcopia Quick Start Guide
From within Rcopia, you can access their help section by clicking on the menu icon (top left of the screen) and then on Support Center. We also recommend the following Quick Start guide, which includes quick instructions for the most common operations:
Notes on Syncing
Information in the patient chart will not be complete until Rcopia returns your request. This happens when you log out from Rcopia using the “Return to EMR” button, as well as automatically every few minutes.