How to Enable and Set Up Your IMAP Email Account
The Atlas Mailbox uses the IMAP email protocol to connect to your personal email account. With that information, Atlas.md parses messages to and from your patients and sends them right to the application allowing you a super-easy way to keep track of your communication with your patients.
To help you set up and enable your Mailbox connection, we’ve gathered a list of support documents from several of the most common email providers and their corresponding IMAP settings. Find your email provider in the list below, and follow the resulting instructions, which include server settings, port numbers, and security preferences.
If you don’t use any of the recommended email providers below, please contact your IT team to figure out how you should set up IMAP.
- Gmail: Atlas’ Gmail integration no longer runs on IMAP, but using the Google API.
- Zoho: www.zoho.com/mail/help/imap-access.html
- Yahoo: help.yahoo.com/kb/mobile-mail/imap-server-settings-sln4075.html
- GoDaddy: www.godaddy.com/help/use-imap-settings-to-add-my-workspace-email-to-a-client-4714
- Outlook.com: windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/outlook/send-receive-from-app
- Apple Mail: support.apple.com/kb/ht4864
Once you’ve determined your settings, go to your account profile inside the EMR. Then click “Mailbox” for more settings options. That’s where you’ll enter your IMAP server, username, and password. Click “Connect Account” and you’re done!