To enter a new patient into your system, click “Patients” from the top navigation. Click the plus sign icon in the upper right corner to begin the process. Follow the prompts to add a photo (optional), and as much information about the patient as you have at that time.
- As you enter the patients date of birth, the monthly charge will automatically adjust based on the patient’s age, and the amounts you have entered in your billing settings. You can manually change this if you prefer. If you want this charge to change automatically as the patient ages, check the box that says “Is based on age?” under the monthly charge amount.
- You can also enter the patient’s credit card details if you have them. (Sidenote: When the patient’s account is created, they will automatically be invoiced for the first, upcoming month of service.)
- When you enter the patient’s contact information, also include any unique email addresses or phone numbers. This will help ensure Atlas.md can correctly identify and tag future correspondence with this patient to the correct chart.
- This is also where you confirm that the patient consents to non-secure methods of communication, such as Twitter, Facebook and Skype.
- You can select the exact date you’d like to begin billing them. This feature will be disabled by default, so you’ll need to manually select a date to implement the specific date.
After Initial Creation
When you click “Add Patient” you’ll be taken to the patient’s newly created chart. To add a record to the patient’s chart, click the plus sign icon in the upper right corner of the screen. Select which type of record you’ll be adding, and follow the prompts to add it successfully.
To edit the patient’s profile details, click the patient’s photo avatar in your sidebar. There you’ll have the options to bookmark the patient, edit the details, add medical history information, set a date to begin billing, and edit contact details.