Dymo Printer Label Sizes
If you’re using a Dymo label printer for your in-house pharmacy, you have options for which size printer you use, and which method you utilize them for. Here’s a breakdown on which printers work for what purpose, and where to find the supporting labels.
Atlas.md currently supports three categories of label sizes – each category serves a different purpose.
- 4 × 2.4: Dispensing label and patient address label
- 2 × 1: Lab labels
- 4 × 6: USPS label for postage ordered
No printer can handle all three, but you have options.
- The Dymo Twin can handle the first two. You can find labels for this printer on Amazon.
- For the bigger 4 × 6 postage label, we recommend the DYMO Label Writer. You can find labels for this printer here on Amazon.
- If you prefer to only be able to print dispensing and address labels (of the 4 × 2.4 variety), you can order less expensive printers from Brother, such as the Brother P Touch QL 500.
Printer & Label Setup
We’ve compiled some instructions to help you set up the printers for the best result on the prescription bottle labels. Follow these steps to print your labels on a PC, or a Mac.
We’ve created a sample label to give you an idea of what your printed label might look like.
If you have additional questions about how to integrate printers into your clinic for a smooth dispensing process, shoot us a note. We’ll do what we can to help out.