Distributing Bulk Emails To Patients
There are two ways to distribute bulk emails to patients: using a third party, or from directly inside Atlas.md.
This article focuses on the first option — how to distribute a bulk email to patients using a third party.
The process consists of two steps. First, you’ll need to export a list of your patients, then send the email using your third party of choice, such as Mail Chimp or Campaign Monitor.
Exporting Your Patient List
Here’s how to export your patients’ data so you can import it into your email distribution service:
- From the Patients tab, click the gear icon in the upper right corner
- From the resulting dropdown, select Export Patient Details
- Next, choose which data should be included in the export — the recommended information is the first name, last name, and email
- Select which doctors’ patients should be included in the export, and click Export
- The file will export into a .csv format, which you can then upload to your email distribution application
Third-Party Emailing Services
Email distribution services are reliable ways to send bulk emails because they often allow you to collect data on who has viewed, opened, clicked, and even deleted your emails.
Here are two recommended services:
Once you’ve set up an account with one of the above services and created your campaign, there will come a point where you’ll need to upload a distribution list.
This is the patient data list you exported in the previous step. Once you’ve created the email you’d like to send, simply upload your patient list and then send your email.
If you’re unsure how to do this, please reach out to support and we’ll guide you through the process.