The pricing sets feature allows you to create age tiers and set specific subscription prices for your patients based on their ages.
As your patients grow older, their subscription prices will automatically update with each birthday.
You can update age-based pricing by:
- Heading to Account > Patient Pricing Settings.
- Here, click on the Manage Age-Based Pricing button in the upper right corner
- To add a new pricing set, click the plus sign in the upper right corner then enter the name of the pricing set
Once you’ve created a pricing set, you can then add an age tier to stagger the subscription prices according to the age of your patients.
To do this:
- Select Add age tier
- Enter the minimum age, maximum age, and associated price, then confirm your selection
While you can create multiple pricing sets, there can be only one active pricing set at a time. This pricing set will be used for all patients registered to your account who aren’t grandfathered to an older pricing set.
When you have created more than one pricing set, you can navigate between them by clicking on the drop-down menu in the upper right corner of the page.
Grandfathered pricing lets you retain your old pricing structure for existing patients while new plans are applied to new patients. This allows you to grow your practice while maintaining loyalty at the same time.
When you create a new pricing set, all existing patients will remain on their current pricing set. The age tiers and pricing structures belonging to the legacy pricing set will be grandfathered in and won’t be affected by the new pricing set.
If you’d like to move older patients into the currently active pricing set, you’ll have to navigate to the older, legacy pricing set and delete it.
To do this:
- Head to the Age-Based Pricing page
- Click on the drop-down menu in the upper right corner of the screen and select the older pricing set you would like to delete
- Finally, click on the cog icon in the upper right corner, then select “Delete Pricing Set”
All patients that were part of that pricing set will now be moved to the latest one.