We’ve moved! Head over to the Atlas Facebook Group to continue the conversation!

Atlas.md Community Forum

marketing your practice

My problem is me. I'm a terrible marketer/salesman. I don't know where or how to begin to sell my direct care practice. I'm uncomfortable selling things, especially myself.
I have a total of 6 patients and no plan on how to get to 300+.
Does anyone have any tips on how to grow this? How did you do it?

Comments

• I joined the local chamber of commerce as well as putting ads in the local paper and on social media. I went to the library and got the A to Z list where you can search for small businesses to target. They may not provide insurance to their employees. I went to local realtors offices and gave a presentation. Most realtors are independent and may not have insurance or have high deductible insurance. I did some cold calls to local businesses as well. Good Luck.
  • I have started doing some radio advertising and seen just a huge response. I went from ~8-10 new patients a month to adding 60 patients in the last 1.5 months of radio ads. Google iheart radio or Cumulus radio. I am using both and its just awesome.
  • Buy this book: Everything is market by Fred Joyal
    You sell, as a doctor, every day. You have to sell patients on a plan for their health.
    Do you believe that what your doing is important? Do you believe what you offer is better than the crappy 7 minute visits they are getting now? Do you believe that if people join and use your practice they will be healthier? If yes, then tell the world.

• We might also recommend checking out the Atlas.md DPC Curriculum! It's free over here: https://atlas.md/dpc-curriculum/. (There are specific sections which address marketing and branding.)

- Atlas.md